Location – Roseville, CA
Duration – 12 months plus
Status – All OK (Citizens, GC, H1)
We are currently looking for a Mid-level Cloud SQL Server DBA to join Product Development team of our client at Solution Center in Roseville, CA. Leveraging your experience in database design, development, and administration, you will be responsible for the implementation, installation, enhancement, and maintenance of small to large-scale relational databases running both in the Microsoft Azure and on premise.
Specific responsibilities may include the following:
- SQL Server
- Designing and maintaining of data and database solutions;
- Identify, maintain, and audit database standards, best practices, and processes;
- Database installation and configuration (2012, 2014 and 2016 versions);
- Design, configure and maintain HA/DR solutions (AlwaysOn, FCI, Log Shipping, Replication);
- Performance Tuning and System Optimization.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Understand Microsoft Azure architecture in general, be Subject Matter Expert on the cloud database offerings, their differences and limitations;
- Provide strategic design and consultancy for Cloud database services;
- Perform research on an enterprise Cloud SQL architecture, partner with DB architect in defining standards and best practices.
- Azure SQL Database
- Migration of SQL server databases from on-premise to Azure IAAS/PAAS;
- Expertise in architecting and implementing HA/DR solutions for SQL server databases running on Azure;
- Establish database standards for operations, upgrades, migrations and onboarding new applications and/or clients;
- Implement cloud security models along with data masking, de-identification and encryption methodologies, establish appropriate end-user access control levels;
- Implement database technology policies, and procedures for maximum systems uptime;
- Support day-to-day operations and management of an enterprise level production database in the cloud;
- Perform applications database administration functions including SQL code review, performance analysis, query tuning, database application design, physical data modeling, and developer support.
Limited travel to client sites may be required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years relevant work experience in a software development environment
- 4+ years of work experience performing Database Development and Administration duties on SQL Server databases
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with implementing and administering SQL Server databases in the Microsoft Azure
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with Azure Site Recovery
- Strong understanding of logical and physical data modeling and using tools such as ER/Studio or equivalent
- Strong understanding of database standards and best practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in T-SQL (queries, Stored Procedures, User-Defined Functions, Views, Indexes, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in the area of database/query performance tuning
- Development experience in Java (J2EE) and/or .NET
- Familiarity with prevalent SDLC methodologies and ability to work in an agile environment
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist
Triveni IT 71 Union Ave, Suite 208 Rutherford NJ 07070
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: 201 691 7905 | W: TriveniIT.com