These are not technical PM positions. These are for PMs/PCs with strong Medicare/Medicaid knowledge from a product perspective.
* Manages projects, develops and directs technical project teams through all phases and activities of the project life-cycle process associated with major information technology systems projects that are essential to departmental missions and affect CareFirst operations on a long-term and continuing basis.
* Determines Project goals and priorities with management, program manager and/or project sponsors.
* Supports requirements of the enterprise program manager to provide necessary information and support for successful program delivery.
* Creates all project planning documentation and follows all CareFirst Defined processes.
* Manages and communicates a clear vision of the projects objectives, and motivate the cross functional project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by the entire team.
* Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities. Coordinates team activities to meet project milestones.
* Directs/leads project teams comprised of subject matter experts, technical specialists, and support staff to produce a business plan in accordance with the strategic plan, operating budget, capital planning procedures and agency guidance.
* Prepares, implements, monitors, and updates the project plan. Coordinates with the business owner and upper level management to ensure the actions are consistent with the approved plan.
* Identifies standards or requirements for change management. Participates in change control (for example, reviewing configuration change requests).
* Develops or implements information systems security and entitlement requirements and plans; and ensures appropriate product-related training and documentation are developed and made available to customers.
* *Manages resource assignment and tracking to the project plan and project schedule in coordination with the line of business resource managers.
*Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their managers in a matrix environment.
*Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables; mentor others in project management practices; review quality of work and manage the integration of team members’ work.
Manages the Project Budget with overall budget accountability for up to $4 million per year.
* Collaborates with the finance department and various functional managers to ensure project budgets are properly estimated and controlled; provides overall financial recommendations, and develop controls and measurements to monitor progress.
* Provides Finance with monthly accruals and forecasts by the due date established by Finance using the tools developed by Finance.
*Maintains current statements of work for all contractors; track and approve contractor invoices in a timely manner.
* Provides regular updates to project sponsor and stakeholders on the status of the budget.
* Documents reasons for budget excess or shortfall.
* Manages project budgets for both expense and capital against the original project budget.
* Creates Executive Summaries for all contractor resources required to complete a project.
* This position requires a four-year degree in CIS/MIS or equivalent experience of 3 – 5 years of related IT project management experience in a large scale, cross functional, multi-system environment.
Out of the 3 – 5 years required, at least 2 years in a combination of the following:
* Progressive broad-based information systems Project Management experience (which could include consulting) with state-of-the-art hardware and software systems is desirable; knowledge and implementation experience in new computing architectures and networked computing structures.
* Experience in execution of multiple related development projects simultaneously, particularly as Project Manager on systems development, with working knowledge of Systems development lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle.