Myself Sameer Joshi representing Intensify Technologies, a leading Human Resourcing, Consulting & Staffing firm, finding right talent for our clients. I came across your resume and seems that your resume matches my clients requirement perfectly, So if you are available and interested please revert me back to discuss more about this exciting job opportunity.
Job Title: Oracle Database Administrator – (586408)
Job Duration: 12+ Months
Job Location: Richmond, VA – Preferred Locals
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Information Technology Division (ITD) is seeking a junior Oracle Database Administrator to join the Oracle Database Administration Team in the Enterprise Data Management section. The selected candidate will administrator & support Oracle databases throughout the agency. The selected candidate will:
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Independently perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Work with a team of Oracle DBAs.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both speaking and in writing.
- Perform installations of database related software. (including database upgrades and patching)
- Monitor databases to maintain/ensure database uptime and availability.
- Troubleshoot application/database issues related to connectivity, access, security and etc…
- Tune long running SQL using AWR/ASH/ADDM/Profiler and etc…
- Review & refine existing database tasks and processes to better align with agency/group priorities.
- Perform database migrations between multiple release of Oracle 10g/11g/12c using data pump export/import, RMAN database duplication procedures
- Leverage & utilize cron and O/S scripting in support of database maintenance/diagnosis/support
- Review the existing database implementation and propose, execute, and/or direct necessary changes.
- Over 5 years of experience in maintaining/supporting Oracle databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems with strong technical experience or other applicable and/or equivalent skills, knowledge and/or work history.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating effectively using standard requirements and design artifacts
email@example.com / 951-392-8826