Ptolemy Data Systems
Job Title: IT Field Tech/Help Desk Technician
Reports To: Regional IT Director
Employment Status: Salary
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
This position is primarily responsible for providing hands-on technical support for Ptolemy’s business customers at customer locations and using remote support software when working from the office. This position operates in the field and from the help desk as needed. Repair and maintenance of computer hardware will be required. This position will work from Ptolemy’s satellite office location in Aurora, Colorado. Preference will be given to candidates with experience supporting hosted IP phone systems and/or PBX hardware – Avaya preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide onsite client support and technical issue resolution. Utilize remote management, email, telephone, or other mediums of electronic communication. Technical support includes both hardware and software issues related to computers, laptops, printers, servers and other supported equipment.
– Provide client support and technical issue resolution on-site at multiple locations throughout the Denver area. Some onsite support may be required at client sites in Colorado Springs and the Front Range.
– Assist with troubleshooting workstation and/or server level issues for clients.
– Assist with troubleshooting other client technologies as needed.
– Work in support of various projects as assigned by supervisor.
– Work and collaborate with team members to maximize efficiencies.
– Travel will be required for this position on a daily basis. A company car is provided for travel to client sites as needed.
– Some after-hours support may be required. Rotating on-call duties will apply.
– Perform all other related duties as assigned by supervisor*
* These tasks do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
· Knowledge and experience maintaining desktop and laptop systems
· A+ Certification or Equivalent Experience
· Experience and/or training working with servers and network security devices preferred.
· Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs and telephone systems
· Skill in oral and written communication
· Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
· Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments
· Ability to pay close attention to detail
· Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand
· Employment with Ptolemy Data Systems (Ptolemy Group, Inc.) is contingent upon the applicants’ ability to pass a thorough background investigation – including fingerprint submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. A degree in an IT field is definitely preferred but candidates with years of experience will also be seriously considered.
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Hours may vary depending on work assignments.
Starting range for this position is $35,000 – 45,000 per year depending on experience. Employees will receive a 90-day evaluation to review performance expectations and an annual review. Adjustments in salary may be considered during those times based on work performance.
(Benefits are subject to change at any time)
· Health Insurance is covered at 100% by Ptolemy.
· Dental and Vision are available at a minimal cost to the employee.
· $100.00 per month (pretax) in Employer contribution to an Health Savings Account. Employees can contribute additional amounts.
· 8 Hours Personal Leave per month (Employees can bank up to 80 hours of PTO).
· Paid Holidays: Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July Day.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/clk/ptolemy-data-systems-42bf248a-it-field-tech-help-desk-technician-936bcb6b?clk=NcwPCh4pt7xJZnCYihmz_R-hl7iOcZVg9tujsOJX4R_Qt52qXBgejnligpJCWyUZZyYtftCrdUxuB_ZC8vLIgONMgYI0cx6J46T7VxlbA__Toay9bT01QQpCAJycvVYPnGxvjIaljZRTvd3i8EE4nKqKPuiBclRmwoZ4nTCWItP_jyqP56r1geQ93PRzTW1QgKApUkwQ6_PBcTxra6cbIRxDU7Thv7pvLABFzQtJHrmpPtbKg_As54EEBjrLeM6_1_5Ru0GxougcG4geFkLdASAvcDNLGqtaOegisP_bqyb3qEuBL5HvAxSYa7IHJcZrKpZWXP6nYwDz2PMr7P9NcYrX_nPN2CVOuXu12ZCnOFdhfDdxaFdR5_Mhhbsa0v4teFTYFrKV-hZGb3JKUX0xrjvobcMHHmqbsnUWQ2YosvpV4r34t9PAVZxWNlzN2STmm1E7Jabh0-jpMffHq6h7T43VsJuNndCh5ofh3Y28iUBvtiS6Wxyipk2onHx-QJo3njeZ-z7UvzrQpF_2V2Iy-MeSvpXqK3vQzC3r1XUIEFDtTIOHGS85uhIqcKYcW3NM5QHT_6QEhhG5pfDcuBCj3w.a4dac72c90342d2a7f8362c2126d8663 →